November 14, 2012
- Always assume an emergency will occur and be prepared for a potential crisis. Your survival could depend upon how well prepared you are
- Inspect your equipment and emergency kit before you leave on every snowmobiling trip
- Ensure that a reliable person knows where you are planning on going and when you will return. The latter is especially important since time is critical in the event of an injury, particularly in a cold environment
- If you are caught in the cold and unable to walk out of the area by dark, these tips will help you survive a night in the woods:
- Care for personal injuries immediately. Even a minor looking injury may be critical.
- Find protection from the elements. Use trees, snow banks, a cave,